Have a pension? The money that goes into your pension is probably invested by these companies, who invest this money in assets like bonds or shares to generate the returns that people need to fund their retirement.
You might have heard that London is building a new ‘super sewer ‘? Or be looking forward to the completion of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route? Investment managers also invest in big infrastructure projects, like these, helping us to keep building the ports, roads and transport links we need across the UK.
The industry is an important part of the economy in the UK, creating wealth and value for people and companies, but the industry isn’t always that visible to consumers. There have also been questions about how the industry operates, and whether companies are making decisions for the long term.
That’s why we’re putting a spotlight on investment management. We’re sharing case studies about what the industry does for the UK and sharing opinions on what it needs to do to build trust. Take a look at the content below and let us know what you think @bizdebate and in the comments below.
- Case study: Allianz GI explain how the industry is using retirement savings to fund infrastructure projects
- Video: Fidelity discuss the contribution of the asset management industry
- Opinion: The Investment Association explain why their industry is about to get much better known
- Opinion: Catherine Howarth, ShareAction: explores what can the industry can do to rebuild trust
- Case study: Schroders look at how asset managers look after your pension
- Opinion: Tony Stenning, Blackrock, suggests three ways to turn the next generation into investors