Please read these terms and conditions carefully — they set out the basis on which you are allowed to use this website. If you have any questions about them or don’t accept them, please contact CBI Governance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7395 7400 before using this website.
Who are we?
These terms and conditions relate to our website at www.greatbusinessdebate.co.uk. We are the Confederation of British Industry (“CBI”), a company formed under Royal Charter in England and Wales. Our registered office is Cannon Place, 78 Cannon St, London EC4N 6AP and our registered number is RC000139. Our VAT number is GB 238 786416.
We are a not-for-profit organisation.
You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 020 7395 7400.
Using our website
If you are browsing this website, you may use it for your own non-commercial use, and not for any illegal or illicit purpose or in any way which might disrupt its operation. However, we can’t guarantee that the website will stay the same – we might change or remove it or make access to it subject to registration or charges.
This website and its contents are protected by intellectual property rights, and either belong to us or are licensed to us to use. You may not copy or use them without our consent in writing.
You may print or download content from this website for non-commercial use or copy the content to other individuals for their personal information provided that:
- no content is modified in any way;
- no graphics are used separately from accompanying text;
- our copyright and trade mark notices appear in all copies and you acknowledge this website as the source of the material; and
- the person to whom you providing these materials are made aware of these restrictions.
Our liability to you
These terms and conditions do not exclude our liability (if any) to you for:
- personal injury or death resulting from our negligence;
- fraud; or
- any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
We can’t guarantee that this website will be:
- compatible with all or any hardware and software which you may use;
- available all the time or at any specific time; or
- accurate and up to date. But we try. However, the information on this website is given for general information and interest purposes only, and you should not rely on it. We recommend that you take further advice or seek further guidance before taking any action based on the information contained on this website.
We may have to suspend access to this website from time to time, and where possible we will try and give you advance notice if the website is going to be unavailable.
Except as set out above, we are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a direct result of our breach of these terms and conditions, and shall have no liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
We are not responsible to you for any:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- business interruption; or
- wasted management or office time;
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
You may have other rights granted by law, and these terms and conditions do not affect these except if the two are inconsistent. If this is the case then these terms and conditions will override any other rights which you may have, unless this is not permitted by law.
We use industry standard techniques to protect our website from viruses and attacks but cannot guarantee that our website will be free from viruses or other malicious software. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. You also agree that you will not introduce any kind of virus onto the website or our systems.
You may link to this website from another website if you:
- link only to the homepage of the website at www.greatbusinessdebate.co.uk
- don’t create frames or any other border around the website;
- comply with all relevant laws and regulations on the website or platform you are linking from,;
- do not imply that we endorse or are associated with your (or any other) website, product or service.
You may not link to this website from another website which contains inappropriate or distasteful content which might reflect badly on us and damage the reputation of the CBI.
These terms and conditions only deal with your access to this website. Specific membership benefits and services will be governed by the CBI’s membership terms and conditions which you will sign up to as part of the registration process. Likewise our events terms and conditions will apply if you have registered to attend an event.
If you make a contract with a third party who is named or referred to on this website such as Eventbrite, you should make sure that you are happy with the terms of that contract and take legal advice if necessary.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to check for any changes we made, as they will apply from the next time that you use the website.
Please note that we may not necessarily keep a copy of these terms and conditions. We advise you to print a copy of them for your information in the future. [You can download a pdf version of these terms and conditions by clicking here.]
Our contract and all communications between us will be in English.
If you have any complaint about this website or any of the services we provide, you should contact CBI Governance Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try and resolve it as soon as possible. However, if we have a dispute regarding your use of the website or these terms and conditions, the courts will use English law to determine that dispute and you and the CBI shall submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.