On 30 July #bizdebate will be teaming up with Teach First to ask the question ‘Is business failing the next generation?’ The event will be part of a Teach First Summer Institute with 3000 young teachers.
The panel will feature:
- Paul Drechsler CBE, Chairman of Teach First & CBI President
- Professor Sir John Holman, University of York
- Sara Parker, Chief Membership Director, CBI
- Ife Grillo, MYP for UK Youth Parliament
- Kathleen Britain, Head of Community Investment for Barclays
- Les Ratcliffe, Head of Community Relations, Jaguar Land Rover
The event will bring businesses, teachers and young people together to share views on how the best businesses are opening doors for young talent, and what the risks are if we don’t take action. The panel will debate whether businesses are doing enough to create opportunities for the next generation, regardless of background
Ahead of the event, we spoke to new CBI President and chair of Teach First, Paul Drechsler, to hear his views on business, education and social mobility.
We will be using the hashtag #bizdebate, and #TFSI2015 for Teach First, on the day.
After the event we will upload and share audio recordings of the discussion.
Have your say