The All Party Parliamentary Group on Inclusive Growth hosted ‘The Good Economy’ lecture and discussion event on 4 February, featuring:
- His Grace the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby
- Sir Michael Rake, President, The Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
- Dame Barbara Stocking. President of Murray Edwards College Cambridge and former CEO of Oxfam GB
- Xavier Rolet, Chief Executive, London Stock Exchange Group
- Frances O’Grady, TUC General Secretary
- Clive Cowdery, Chairman, Resolution Foundation
- Chaired by Rt Hon Liam Byrne MP
The key theme was how to reconnect wealth creation with social justice and the role of business was central to this.
Sir Mike Rake discussed the findings of The Great Business Debate, including that only around half of the UK public believe that business contributes positively to society.